Are you tired of dealing with pesky warts? We at Green Dermatology & Cosmetic Center are very excited to announce that we have a brand new and effective treatment for surface-based skin lesions, primarily warts.
What is Swift?
Swift is a cutting edge, FDA Cleared technology that has proven to be highly effective in the removal of plantar warts. It delivers low dose microwave energy through a specialized probe that targets and effectively treat the underlying HPV virus by stimulating a natural immune response in the body. We like to say that we’re addressing the root cause; not the symptom.
What to Expect
Swift protocol involves between 3 and 4 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart; aligning with the body’s natural immune cycle. Each treatment lasts only 5-10 minutes and is what we call a “sock off - sock on” treatment: Limited debridement, no breaking of the skin, no bandages. No home treatment is required between treatments and patients are able to resume daily activities immediately post-treatment.
How effective is Swift?
The Swift technology treatment feels similar to the pain of a small scratch or injection, lasting only a few seconds before immediately subsiding. Some may experience some soreness after the treatment, but not anything strong enough to impair normal day-to-day activities.
Does it hurt?
While pain is variable and patient/lesion specific, most patients typically feel some level of discomfort as infected tissue temperatures are rapidly elevated over a 2-second dose of energy. The pain immediately subsides following cessation of energy delivery and there is very limited post-procedural pain, in fact, some report an immediate reduction in pain levels. All patients are about to continue on with day-to-day activities immediately following treatment.
When you should come to see us
It’s important to visit a specialist if you suspect or feel that you have a wart and are seeking removal. The longer you wait to seek treatment, the more likely the wart is to persist. Here are some common symptoms to look out for:
● You may get the feeling of “painful pebbles” in your shoes.
● You may experience pain when you compress the sides of the wart.
● You may see a circular flat spot on the skin with a depressed area in the middle.
● They may appear “yellowed” with a crust; small black dots can be an easy giveaway.
● The lesion on your foot is painful, bleeding, or has changed color.
● Treatments you have tried do not work, and the wart reoccurs or multiplies.
● Discomfort that prevents you from doing regular activities.
● Poor sensation in your feet.
● You are unsure if the lesion is a wart.